1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a term for a small packet of data sent by a web server to a web browser and stored in a user's computer. When the user visits the same server again, the browser sends the data back to the server. Cookies recognize individual users, they keep track of user's customization etc., and so they make web using easier
Cookie information can then be used for targeted advertising, statistical evaluation of visitor behaviour, etc.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT THE DATA CONTROLLER
The organization Člověk v tísni o. p. s. (People in Need), Šafaříkova 635/24, 120 00, Prague 2, ID No: 25755277, registered by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section O, File 119 ("Controller"), contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, contact details of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com, as the operator of this website uses the cookies on this website for the purpose of:
- tracking website traffic and creating visitor statistics involving visitor traffic and visitor behaviour on websites;
- functioning of websites.
3. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The collection of cookies for the purposes referred to in the previous paragraph may be considered processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter referred to as the "Regulation").
Such processing is possible on the basis of the following grounds:
- for necessary technical cookies, the legitimate interest of the Controller in operating the website,
- for preferential, statistical and marketing cookies, the reason for processing is your consent. You give your consent for the period of time indicated below for each type of cookies. You can withdraw your consent to the collection of cookies data for these purposes at any time.
4. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
Necessary technical cookies
Necessary cookies help to make the website usable by enabling basic functions such as site navigation and access to secure sections of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies allow the website to remember information that changes how the website behaves or looks. This is for example your preferred language or the region you are in.
Statistical cookies help website owners to understand how visitors use the website. They collect and communicate information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors to the website. The intention is to display advertising that is relevant and interesting to the individual user and thus more valuable to publishers and third party advertisers.
Cookies are stored for the period of time indicated below for each type of cookie.
The collected cookies are processed by other processors:
- Google Analytics, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA;
- by web solution provider, operated by Automattic, Inc. - WordPress.com, based in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Facebook Ireland Limited, with registered office at 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, D02 X525, Ireland
- LinkedIn Corporation, Sunnyvale, USA
- Seznam.cz, a.s., registration number 26168685
The above-mentioned platforms (processors) further handle cookies in accordance with their terms and conditions, which can be found in particular here
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Please note that under the Regulation you have the right to:
- Request the Controller to tell you what personal data are processed about you or to request a copy of the data,
- to request access to this data from the Controller and have it updated or corrected, or to restrict processing,
- the right to obtain personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where the processing is based on consent or on a contract,
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where processing is based on consent), for example by sending an email or letter to the contact details of the Controller,
- request the Controller to erase such personal data – the erasure will be carried out unless the erasure is contrary to applicable law and the legitimate interests of the Controller,
- in the case of processing of personal data on the basis of consent, request the transfer of such data,
- in case of doubts about compliance with the obligations related to the processing of personal data, contact the Controller or the Office for Personal Data Protection, or the court.
7. OVERVIEW OF COOKIES AND PROCESSING PERIODS
The Controller collects the following cookies on its website:
Information about browsers and how to set your cookie preferences can be found on the following websites: